Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sometimes Being a Groovy Grandma is Hard

I spent the morning with my beautiful daughter and her amazing husband in the hospital today. She had surgery to remove some polyps from her uterus to get them one step closer to conceiving a baby.

Their second anniversary is this Sunday and already they have gone through infertility treatments. My daughter was a little older when she married and desperately wants a family, so they started trying right away. About a year ago they started wondering if there were any physical reasons they weren’t pregnant yet.

They were very proactive because they would love to have several children and knew that every passing year was one more they might not be able to have a child.
                         
Initially they worked with a regular obstetrician who tried Clomid treatments. No luck. They started researching doctors specializing in infertility and have now found one they love that is taking their desire for a baby very seriously. Thus, today’s surgery.

I hate watching my children suffer and not being able to do one thing about it. The emotional toll on this sweet couple has been trying to say the least. But they have been brave and faithful and very public in their journey with their own blog. I am proud of how they are choosing to handle this experience.
              
Yes, I would love to be able to make it all better, yet all I can do is love and support them and pray to the One who knows all things. And I do know that He is mindful of them and will provide. But sometimes being a groovy grandma is just plain hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment